Lynette: Look, it makes perfect sense. 这完全合理

——>>We’re not gonna have any more kids. 我们不会再生小孩了

——>>And the pill just makes me bloat. It’ll be great! 避孕药会让我发胖 做了手术就好了!

Narrator: After 48 hours of crash dieting, 在48小时的减肥餐后

——>>Gabrielle prepared to savor the fruit of her labor. 加布丽尔准备展现一下她的劳动成果

——>>But she was dismayed to discover that she herself 但是她很沮丧地发现她自己…

——>>had ripened considerably. 显然丰满了许多

Gaby:Well, I wasn’t gonna bring it up,  嗯 本来我并不想提起

——>>But… You have been getting a little rounder lately. 但… 你最近有点发福了

Lynette: Well, what can I tell you, Gaby?  哈 我能说什么呀 Gaby?

——>>I’m working long hours, 我长时间工作

——>>I’m not exercising, 没有锻炼

——>>Eating a bunch of junk at work. 忙得只能吃些垃圾食品

——>>Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets even bigger than this. 是啊 如果她变得比现在更胖了 我也不觉得奇怪

Birds and the bees

Naughty

Woo woo:it is used by McCluskey to refer to some personal, mystical, or potentially embarrassing topic or experience that she does not want to discuss in detail. It implies that it might be a sensitive or private matter, and she prefers to avoid talking about it.

You should be upstairs…to say goodbye. I’m just gonna hide out here with the departed until everybody leaves.

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注